Things to Do Labor Day Weekend Destin Fl
It’s the unofficial last weekend of the summer – Labor Day. You work hard so you deserve to play hard. And the best way to celebrate Labor Day in Destin Fl is on the water.
Let our captains take you on a water adventure on the 45-foot sporty SunVenture catamaran. The SunVenture is a less expensive option than renting a pontoon boat and less stressful than taking your own boat out. Let our captains do all the driving and cleaning while you sit back, relax and cruise.
Here are the top ways to enjoy Labor Day on the SunVenture:
- The One and Only Crab Island: Crab Island is the center of excitement for Labor Day weekend as everyone anchors their boats for one of the last weekend celebrations at this underwater playground. We’re cruising twice a day to Crab Island – BYOB, restroom on board and our captains / boat stay with you the entire time. Seriously the best way to do Crab Island! And don’t miss the last live Crab Island concert of the summer, sponsored by CrabIslandOnline.com, featuring Paris Avenue playing live.
- Sunset Destin Harbor and Fireworks Cruise: What’s Labor Day weekend without some fireworks? Venture aboard for our last Fireworks Cruise of the summer on Sunday, September 2nd at 7:30 pm. Cruise the Destin Harbor, watch the sun set over the Destin bridge and perhaps catch a dolphin or two. Then watch the sky above you illuminate with colorful fireworks – a perfect ending to the night.
- Dolphin Sunset Cruise: There’s no better way to end your day than on a chartered boat cruising into the sunset and an up close encounter with dolphins. The SunVenture takes daily dolphin sunset cruises at 6 pm. and offers one of the most up close and personal experiences with the dolphins.
Make it a Labor Day weekend to remember – we hope to see you on the SunVenture this weekend! You can easily make a reservation online for any of our cruises.
SunVenture Cruises Earns Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence for Second Consecutive Year
SunVenture Cruises today announced that it has received a Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence award for the second consecutive year. The achievement celebrates businesses that have earned great traveler reviews on Tripadvisor over the past year. SunVenture Cruises has been recognized for continually delivering a quality customer service experience for its daily Crab Island, Sunset / Dolphin and Fireworks Harbor Cruises in Destin Florida.
“Our team goes above and beyond each day to ensure our guests have an incredible cruise experience,” stated James Murray, General Manager for SunVenture Cruises. “We are humbled to receive this award for the second year in a row as a direct result of our guests’ reviews.”
Established in 2012, SunVenture Cruises offers a variety of daily cruises from the Destin Harbor with Coast Guard-licensed captains. The daily Crab Island cruises are the most popular, offering a three-hour excursion where guests have access to their own beverages, an on-board restroom and continuous boat access. Guest reviews highlight the safety, value and convenience of the Crab Island Cruise as well as the entertaining and helpful captains and the overall Crab Island experience.
Other SunVenture cruises are reviewed on TripAdvisor as well. The SunVenture’s intimate atmosphere offers the closest views of the dolphins on its daily Sunset and Dolphin cruise. Every Thursday night, the SunVenture offers a special Harbor Fireworks Cruise that explores the Destin Harbor as the sky above illuminates with bright lights. The SunVenture is also available for private charters for up to 49 people. Guests can rent the boat and the captain for any occasion, including brunches, birthday parties, bachelor/bachelorette parties, corporate retreats and more. The state-of-the-art sound system and open deck arrangement offers a memorable celebration on the water. Event planners and catering packages are also available.
“TripAdvisor is excited to announce the recipients of the 2018 Certificate of Excellence, which celebrates experiences and other travel businesses that have consistently received strong praise and ratings on the world’s largest travel site,” said Heather Leisman, Vice President of Industry Marketing, TripAdvisor. “This recognition allows us to publicly honor businesses that are actively engaging with customers and using feedback to help travelers identify and confidiently book the perfect trip.”
The Certificate of Excellence accounts for the quality, quantity and recency of reviews submitted by travelers on TripAdvisor over a 12-month period. To qualify, a business must maintain an overall TripAdvisor bubble rating of at least four out of five, have a minimum number of reviews and must have been listed on TripAdvisor for at least 12 months.
Thank you for helping us achieve this tremendous award. If you are interested in our Destin cruises, we would welcome the opportunity to spoil you on the water! View our schedule here.
What a great way to kick off summer with an award based on our guests’ reviews. There’s nothing more coveted than an award earned directly due to the reviews your guests have taken the time to leave. SunVenture Cruises is the proud recipient of the 2017 People Love Us on Yelp award – based on the numerous 5 star reviews left by our guests.
Here is what our guests had to say:
Brittany, Magnolia TX: “Great time with Larry and Mark. Entertaining and nice people. Great time and worth the money to get to crab island. Short ride over so it was great.”
Marco, Magnolia TX: “Went out with Grant and Larry to Crab Island in Destin. The guys were great and took us straight to Crab Island and anchored us down right next to the best burger spot in the area. We got to play volleyball there and listen to the DJ at the same burger place – they also have live music at Crab Island. The water was amazing and we got to swim and show the kiddos some hermit crabs that were walking along the ocean floor. Words of advice for others, bring your own drinks; alcohol, sodas, waters, etc. Bring your own floats, etc or you can rent from the guys or rent jet skis from near by vendors. You can also bring your own food as well if you would like or you can purchase chips and drinks from the boat for $2 a piece or buy a burger or other food from other floating vendors. Tipping the guys is encouraged as they do an awesome job and will hand you whatever you need and be your personal waiters as well as inflate your floats. Thanks again Grant and Larry!!”
Krystalynn, New Orleans: “Had a great time with Grant and Larry. They tell you it takes 25 mins to get to crab island but it only takes 5-10. If you bring floaties they’ll inflate them for you. Also, bring cash to tip and for other rentals the have (jet skis, paddle board, kayak) and food. Bring your own alcohol!”
Kara, Circleville, OH: “We took the 2pm excursion to Crab Island on the Sunventure I. We had a blast! Captain Larry and Joe are the best! They are tons of fun and they provided excellent service. We will definitely book another Destin cruise trip with them next time we come to Destin.”
Ande, Scott Depot, WV: “The guys on the boat were great. They were funny and eager to help you with anything. Bring your own alcohol. It is allowed, and if not the margaritas are $15.00. The guys from the boat will even give you your beer/fill your cup so you don’t have to climb up and down. They were great.
The water at Crab Island was perfectly clear and this was probably our favorite day of our whole vacation. We will definitely do this again when we return to Destin, maybe even more than once.
I definitely recommend this to anyone looking into it. Take a float and you will have a blast.”
Book with us today and experience it for yourself.
Just when we didn’t think we could top last year – this summer has proved to have been the most fun for our Crab Island cruises. Captain Larry and Joe provided our guests with laughs and memories throughout the summer. We want to end the summer on a memorable note and we want to celebrate with you.
The only place to celebrate Labor Day in Destin Florida is at Crab Island. This underwater playground offers hours of fun in the sun as we anchor at the shallow sandbar near the Destin bridge. You’ve worked hard, now it’s time to play hard!
We will stay anchored during the entire Crab Island excursion as you decide what you want to do in the emerald green, waist deep waters. You can go canoeing, jump on the inflatables, slide down the slides, listen to music, eat food or simply float and relax in the sun. Bring your cooler and let us take you to the only place to be this Labor Day in Destin. We have Crab Island Cruises at 10am, 12 pm and 2 pm throughout Labor Day weekend.
If you want to catch one of the last summer sunsets this Labor Day, we’re cruising every night at 6:30pm for our Destin Dolphin Sunset Cruises. Our entertaining captains will take you through an entertaining and narrative tour of the Destin Harbor for this educational and fun eco-tour. Watch the sun set under the iconic Destin bridge and hopefully see some playful dolphins. The SunVenture’s relaxing setting and arrangement gives you one of the closest views of the dolphins without being on a large, overcrowded boat.
View our Destin Dolphin and Crab Island Cruise schedule here and book online.
From all the rave reviews we’ve received this year, it seems like one of the highlights of Destin beach vacations is a cruise on the SunVenture. With its versatile open air arrangement, the SunVenture offers so many ways to have fun on the water. A great alternative to the larger Destin cruises, the SunVenture offers a more personal, relaxed setting for families and friends.
Here are the top 5 ways to enjoy a SunVenture cruise:
1. Crab Island – We are cruising twice daily to one of the most unique water experiences. Ranging in depths from 2 to 10 feet, the underwater sandbar known as Crab Island is the place where everyone anchors their boats and spends a day in the waist-deep emerald green waters. With picturesque views of the Destin bridge, Crab Island offers everything from live music and water slides to floating food vendors, paddle boarding and relaxing in the water.
Pack a cooler and jump aboard as our Coast-Guard licensed captains take you for a narrated tour of the harbor and drop anchor at Crab Island. The boat stays with you the entire time, offers a restroom on-board and is much cheaper and convenient then renting your own boat.
Here’s a June 2016 review: “”Crab Island was absolutely beautiful and there was so much to do! The boat was great and the crew was very friendly and very funny. They kept you entertained! Once you arrive, you get off the boat and just walk or swim around. The waters are waist deep and you can walk around to different activities such as jet skis, paddleboards, kayaks, banana boats, etc. There are different restaurants to eat from and also a big inflatable playground. It was so much fun for myself and the children. Thanks Sunventure 1!!!”
2. Sunset Dolphin Cruises – It doesn’t get much better than cruising into the sunset as dolphins are frolicking from the emerald green waters of Destin Florida. We’re cruising every evening at 6:30 pm with our Captains Larry and Joe whose goal is to keep you laughing and entertained throughout the cruise.
Here’s a July 2016 review: “We joined Captain Larry and Joe out for the 10am Crab Island cruise. The guys were so much fun and Crab Island was a blast. We enjoyed the trip so much that we decided to book the 2pm cruise and the dolphin sunset cruise for the same day. We saw a ton of dolphins on the evening cruise and one came right up next to the boat. I would highly recommend Sunventure I for any of their cruises. Larry and Joe made our day on the water. They are great guys and tons of fun.”
“This was our last adventure during our vacation there and we enjoyed the sunset cruise very much. We were able to see four dolphins and the sunset was beautiful. Grant and the captain (I feel bad for forgetting his name) made it fun and had a great sense of humor adding to the enjoyment. We were glad to be on this boat and not the overly crowded boats so we could still fully enjoy the beauty without the feel of a booze cruise. Thanks for making our trip to Destin, Florida memorable!”
3. Fireworks Adult Cruises – who says fireworks are just for holidays? In Destin, you can enjoy the Fireworks every Thursday night from the Destin Harbor. Life is all about family but if you’re looking for a break, then consider our adults only Fireworks Cruises.
Here’s a July 2016 review: “We have been on several sunset cruises, but, this fourth of July sunset/fireworks was absolutely the BEST!!! Larry and Joe were funny, knowledgeable, and just overall fun. While we didn’t know what to expect it did not disappoint. We will definitely be back aboard and if you are looking for fun-check this out. You won’t be sorry!”
4. Birthdays – Destin cruises are the ultimate way to celebrate any occasion – from birthdays to bachelor / bachelorette parties or family reunions. Our captains can take you to Crab Island, a sunset dolphin cruise or anything else you are interested in. We also have event planners and food catering options.
Here’s a July 2016 review: “The SunVenture captain and crew was amazing. This was my first time to destin and crab island. The trip was for my birthday and it was the best time ever. I can not wait to go back. This is a must for all ages to try at least once. Very kid and adult friendly place to go.”
5. Private cruises– We can arrange for private cruises year-round, any day of the week, any time for any occasion. Boating is all about having fun in the sun and water. So why would you want to worry about fueling up the boat and driving while you watch your friends have fun? The SunVenture offers the best of both worlds…a private boat that our Coast Guard-licensed captains will drive so you can enjoy a worry-free day of fun in the sun.
The SunVenture I is perfect for Destin private cruises and boat rentals for up to 49 guests. The 45-foot Catamaran features a state-of-the-art sound system and the open deck arrangement is great for relaxing in the sun or dancing under the stars.
““Our sunset cruise on the Sunventure was a wonderful time. The boat is painted in such awesome underwater scenes and the crew was so nice. Definitely doing this again when we come back into town!”
View our daily Destin cruises schedule for Crab Island, Destin Harbor Fireworks and Sunset Dolphin Cruise times. See ya on the water.