Things to Do Labor Day Weekend Destin Fl
It’s the unofficial last weekend of the summer – Labor Day. You work hard so you deserve to play hard. And the best way to celebrate Labor Day in Destin Fl is on the water.
Let our captains take you on a water adventure on the 45-foot sporty SunVenture catamaran. The SunVenture is a less expensive option than renting a pontoon boat and less stressful than taking your own boat out. Let our captains do all the driving and cleaning while you sit back, relax and cruise.
Here are the top ways to enjoy Labor Day on the SunVenture:
- The One and Only Crab Island: Crab Island is the center of excitement for Labor Day weekend as everyone anchors their boats for one of the last weekend celebrations at this underwater playground. We’re cruising twice a day to Crab Island – BYOB, restroom on board and our captains / boat stay with you the entire time. Seriously the best way to do Crab Island! And don’t miss the last live Crab Island concert of the summer, sponsored by CrabIslandOnline.com, featuring Paris Avenue playing live.
- Sunset Destin Harbor and Fireworks Cruise: What’s Labor Day weekend without some fireworks? Venture aboard for our last Fireworks Cruise of the summer on Sunday, September 2nd at 7:30 pm. Cruise the Destin Harbor, watch the sun set over the Destin bridge and perhaps catch a dolphin or two. Then watch the sky above you illuminate with colorful fireworks – a perfect ending to the night.
- Dolphin Sunset Cruise: There’s no better way to end your day than on a chartered boat cruising into the sunset and an up close encounter with dolphins. The SunVenture takes daily dolphin sunset cruises at 6 pm. and offers one of the most up close and personal experiences with the dolphins.
Make it a Labor Day weekend to remember – we hope to see you on the SunVenture this weekend! You can easily make a reservation online for any of our cruises.
One of the Top Things to Do in Destin | 2017 Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence Award
Our guests have spoken. SunVenture Cruises has been voted as one of the top Destin boat tours and water sports in Destin Florida and one of the top things to do in Destin. All the positive reviews have earned the staff the 2017 Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence, an award honoring accommodations, restaurants and attractions that consistently receive great traveler reviews on TripAdvisor.
“Our team works extremely hard to provide the highest quality service and experience on our daily Crab Island and Sunset Dolphin Cruises,” stated James Murray, General Manager and Owner of SunVenture Cruises. “We are honored to be part of our guests’ vacation experience and we thank them for their consistent praises of our company.”
The SunVenture is a Guy Harvey-inspired, 45-foot sporty catamaran with Coast Guard-licensed captains. The team cruises daily in the summer from the Destin Harbor for Crab Island cruises, Dolphin / Sunset Cruises, Fireworks Harbor Cruises and private charters.
The Certificate of Excellence accounts for the quality, quantity and recency of reviews submitted by travelers on TripAdvisor over a 12-month period. To qualify, a business must maintain an overall TripAdvisor bubble rating of at least four out of five, have a minimum number of reviews and must have been listed on TripAdvisor for at least 12 months.
“This recognition helps travelers identify and book properties that regularly deliver great service. TripAdvisor is proud to play this integral role in helping travelers feel more confident in their booking decisions,” says Vice President of Industry Marketing, Heather Leisman.
The SunVenture is continuing its daily cruise schedule through Labor Day, including the weekly Fireworks Destin Harbor Cruises. We hope you will join us soon!
From all the rave reviews we’ve received this year, it seems like one of the highlights of Destin beach vacations is a cruise on the SunVenture. With its versatile open air arrangement, the SunVenture offers so many ways to have fun on the water. A great alternative to the larger Destin cruises, the SunVenture offers a more personal, relaxed setting for families and friends.
Here are the top 5 ways to enjoy a SunVenture cruise:
1. Crab Island – We are cruising twice daily to one of the most unique water experiences. Ranging in depths from 2 to 10 feet, the underwater sandbar known as Crab Island is the place where everyone anchors their boats and spends a day in the waist-deep emerald green waters. With picturesque views of the Destin bridge, Crab Island offers everything from live music and water slides to floating food vendors, paddle boarding and relaxing in the water.
Pack a cooler and jump aboard as our Coast-Guard licensed captains take you for a narrated tour of the harbor and drop anchor at Crab Island. The boat stays with you the entire time, offers a restroom on-board and is much cheaper and convenient then renting your own boat.
Here’s a June 2016 review: “”Crab Island was absolutely beautiful and there was so much to do! The boat was great and the crew was very friendly and very funny. They kept you entertained! Once you arrive, you get off the boat and just walk or swim around. The waters are waist deep and you can walk around to different activities such as jet skis, paddleboards, kayaks, banana boats, etc. There are different restaurants to eat from and also a big inflatable playground. It was so much fun for myself and the children. Thanks Sunventure 1!!!”
2. Sunset Dolphin Cruises – It doesn’t get much better than cruising into the sunset as dolphins are frolicking from the emerald green waters of Destin Florida. We’re cruising every evening at 6:30 pm with our Captains Larry and Joe whose goal is to keep you laughing and entertained throughout the cruise.
Here’s a July 2016 review: “We joined Captain Larry and Joe out for the 10am Crab Island cruise. The guys were so much fun and Crab Island was a blast. We enjoyed the trip so much that we decided to book the 2pm cruise and the dolphin sunset cruise for the same day. We saw a ton of dolphins on the evening cruise and one came right up next to the boat. I would highly recommend Sunventure I for any of their cruises. Larry and Joe made our day on the water. They are great guys and tons of fun.”
“This was our last adventure during our vacation there and we enjoyed the sunset cruise very much. We were able to see four dolphins and the sunset was beautiful. Grant and the captain (I feel bad for forgetting his name) made it fun and had a great sense of humor adding to the enjoyment. We were glad to be on this boat and not the overly crowded boats so we could still fully enjoy the beauty without the feel of a booze cruise. Thanks for making our trip to Destin, Florida memorable!”
3. Fireworks Adult Cruises – who says fireworks are just for holidays? In Destin, you can enjoy the Fireworks every Thursday night from the Destin Harbor. Life is all about family but if you’re looking for a break, then consider our adults only Fireworks Cruises.
Here’s a July 2016 review: “We have been on several sunset cruises, but, this fourth of July sunset/fireworks was absolutely the BEST!!! Larry and Joe were funny, knowledgeable, and just overall fun. While we didn’t know what to expect it did not disappoint. We will definitely be back aboard and if you are looking for fun-check this out. You won’t be sorry!”
4. Birthdays – Destin cruises are the ultimate way to celebrate any occasion – from birthdays to bachelor / bachelorette parties or family reunions. Our captains can take you to Crab Island, a sunset dolphin cruise or anything else you are interested in. We also have event planners and food catering options.
Here’s a July 2016 review: “The SunVenture captain and crew was amazing. This was my first time to destin and crab island. The trip was for my birthday and it was the best time ever. I can not wait to go back. This is a must for all ages to try at least once. Very kid and adult friendly place to go.”
5. Private cruises– We can arrange for private cruises year-round, any day of the week, any time for any occasion. Boating is all about having fun in the sun and water. So why would you want to worry about fueling up the boat and driving while you watch your friends have fun? The SunVenture offers the best of both worlds…a private boat that our Coast Guard-licensed captains will drive so you can enjoy a worry-free day of fun in the sun.
The SunVenture I is perfect for Destin private cruises and boat rentals for up to 49 guests. The 45-foot Catamaran features a state-of-the-art sound system and the open deck arrangement is great for relaxing in the sun or dancing under the stars.
““Our sunset cruise on the Sunventure was a wonderful time. The boat is painted in such awesome underwater scenes and the crew was so nice. Definitely doing this again when we come back into town!”
View our daily Destin cruises schedule for Crab Island, Destin Harbor Fireworks and Sunset Dolphin Cruise times. See ya on the water.
It’s been a record-breaking summer of fun aboard the SunVenture, as thousands ‘ventured’ with us for Crab Island excursions, Harbor Fireworks Cruises and Dolphin Cruises. They say time flies when you’re having fun and that has certainly been the case this summer in Destin.
Labor Day is the last “hurrah!” of summer as we say goodbye to the dog days of heat and “hello” to cooler weather and regular routines. So how are you going to end on a memorable note?
Cruise through Labor Day in Destin Florida on the water, aboard the SunVenture. Our captains are gearing up for one more fun-filled weekend on the water.
There’s no other place to be than Crab Island this Labor Day in Destin. Ranging in depths from 2 to 10 feet, the underwater sandbar known as Crab Island is the place where everyone anchors their boats and spends a day in the waist-deep emerald green waters. With picturesque views of the Destin bridge, Crab Island offers everything from live music and water slides to floating food vendors, paddle boarding and relaxing in the water. Crab Island is only accessible by boat – let our captains take you for relaxing day on the water.
The fun begins the week leading up to Labor Day in Destin, as the SunVenture cruises daily to Crab Island at 11am starting Monday, August 31st. We’re starting the party earlier on Saturday and Sunday with 10am cruises to Crab Island.
For a more relaxing experience, enjoy a memorable sunset and dolphin cruise of the Destin Harbor. Watch the sun descend over the picturesque Destin bridge and watch the dolphins swimming in the emerald green waters. Cruising Monday 8/31 and all Labor Day weekend at 6:30 pm.
View our entire Destin Dolphin, Sunset and Crab Island Cruises schedule here and book online.
Also, check out our sunset dinner cruises on the SOLARIS yacht at Sandestin.
SunQuest Cruises is hosting the best celebrations for 4th of July in Destin Florida on the water. Offering the ultimate day and night experiences on the water, SunQuest Cruises offers everything from Crab Island excursions to fireworks and dinner cruises.
In addition to daily sunset dolphin cruises in Destin, the 45 foot, sporty, water lover’s SunVenture catamaran cruises the legendary Crab Island twice a day at 10am and 2 pm. With picturesque views of the Destin bridge, Crab Island offers everything from live music and water slides to floating food vendors, paddle boarding and relaxing in the water. Crab Island is only accessible by boat. Let our captains take you to our 4th of July Crab Island Excursion at 11 am this Saturday.
Family is what life is all about but sometimes it’s nice to spoil the adults. That’s why the SunVenture is offering adults only cruises every Thursday night and Saturday, July 4th at 7:30 p.m. for an incredible fireworks show on the water. Venture aboard the SunVenture for a 1.5 hour narrated cruise that explores the beautiful Destin Harbor and ends with a BANG! Experience a magical night as the sky above you illuminates with a spectacular Destin fireworks show.
View the daily cruise schedule here or call 850.424.6465.
For an amazing night of dining on the water, consider our sister boat, the 125 foot SOLARIS yacht in Sandestin. The SOLARIS is hosting its annual 4th of July Fireworks, Dancing and Dinner Cruise in Destin on Saturday from 6 to 9:30 pm. Docked at Sandestin’s Baytowne Marina, the 125 foot yacht will cruise into the sunset while you enjoy a cocktail and fresh coastal breezes from the sky deck. Then indulge in chef-prepared coastal cuisines featuring everything from Beef Filet Mignon and Fresh Rosemary Chicken to seared Gulf Fish, Southern Crab Cakes and Gulf Shrimp & Grits. Dance to live music and end the night with the best seat in the house as the sky above you illuminates with colorful fireworks.
The SOLARIS also hosts Fireworks and Dinner cruises every Tuesday and Thursday from 7 – 10 p.m. Embark on the luxurious 125 yacht SOLARIS yacht for an unforgettable Fireworks and Dinner Cruise.
Your evening begins with a warm greeting from the captain. Explore all three indoor and outdoor decks of the spacious yacht. Grab a cocktail from the full-service bar and head to the open-air sky deck for unparalleled views of the Sandestin Resort and the open waters. As we cruise into the sunset, enjoy the coastal breezes, the relaxing mood and perhaps even a dolphin sighting.
Meanwhile, the SOLARIS chefs are preparing a three course, coastal cuisine meal on-board the yacht’s galley. Enjoy warm bread and salad as well as your choice of entree from prime steaks to fresh, locally caught seafood.
Dance under the stars to live music by the house DJ. The evening ends with a bang as the sky above you illuminates with fireworks from the Sandestin resort. Whether you’re seeking a romantic dinner or fun for the family, this is one cruise you will never forget.
Reservations required online or call 850.650.2519.