Crab Island is by far one of the most unique things to do in Destin Florida. Where else can you float, mingle and play in waist-deep, emerald green waters, go down inflatable slides, listen to live music and bask in the sun? It truly is something everyone has to experience.
Crab Island is only accessible by boat which presents a challenge if you are on a Destin beach vacation. Even people who live here and have boats have found our daily Crab Island cruises to be a more beneficial option. Here are a few reasons why:
- Cheaper than renting a boat to Crab Island – the cost of renting a pontoon boat and the gas will cost you much more than $40 per person for our Crab Island cruises. Not to mention – you might not have a bathroom on board.
- Safer than renting a boat – all our captains are Coast-Guard licensed and cruise twice daily thru the Destin Harbor to Crab Island. You will not find anyone more experienced with the Destin waters. No need to worry about navigating through the unpredictable boat traffic and figuring out where to anchor at Crab Island. Also if you decide to BYOB, you don’t have to worry about driving the boat, just having fun.
- More relaxing, convenient and fun than renting a boat – it’s no fun to have the hassle of driving, anchoring and caring for the boat while everyone is enjoying cocktails in the sun and taking in the scenery. Let our captains host you for the day – they anchor at Crab Island and stay with you the entire time.
- Bring your own cooler – Just when you thought the deal couldn’t get any sweeter – BYOB! Bring your own alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages aboard the SunVenture at no additional cost.
- Bathroom on board – Did we mention that the Crab Island sandbar is out in the middle of the waters? The SunVenture stays anchored with you through the entire 3 hour excursion so you have complete access to the bathroom and your cooler.
For even more reasons to cruise with us, read what our guests are saying about their Summer 2016 Crab Island experience.
View our Crab Island cruise schedule and book online here.
From all the rave reviews we’ve received this year, it seems like one of the highlights of Destin beach vacations is a cruise on the SunVenture. With its versatile open air arrangement, the SunVenture offers so many ways to have fun on the water. A great alternative to the larger Destin cruises, the SunVenture offers a more personal, relaxed setting for families and friends.
Here are the top 5 ways to enjoy a SunVenture cruise:
1. Crab Island – We are cruising twice daily to one of the most unique water experiences. Ranging in depths from 2 to 10 feet, the underwater sandbar known as Crab Island is the place where everyone anchors their boats and spends a day in the waist-deep emerald green waters. With picturesque views of the Destin bridge, Crab Island offers everything from live music and water slides to floating food vendors, paddle boarding and relaxing in the water.
Pack a cooler and jump aboard as our Coast-Guard licensed captains take you for a narrated tour of the harbor and drop anchor at Crab Island. The boat stays with you the entire time, offers a restroom on-board and is much cheaper and convenient then renting your own boat.
Here’s a June 2016 review: “”Crab Island was absolutely beautiful and there was so much to do! The boat was great and the crew was very friendly and very funny. They kept you entertained! Once you arrive, you get off the boat and just walk or swim around. The waters are waist deep and you can walk around to different activities such as jet skis, paddleboards, kayaks, banana boats, etc. There are different restaurants to eat from and also a big inflatable playground. It was so much fun for myself and the children. Thanks Sunventure 1!!!”
2. Sunset Dolphin Cruises – It doesn’t get much better than cruising into the sunset as dolphins are frolicking from the emerald green waters of Destin Florida. We’re cruising every evening at 6:30 pm with our Captains Larry and Joe whose goal is to keep you laughing and entertained throughout the cruise.
Here’s a July 2016 review: “We joined Captain Larry and Joe out for the 10am Crab Island cruise. The guys were so much fun and Crab Island was a blast. We enjoyed the trip so much that we decided to book the 2pm cruise and the dolphin sunset cruise for the same day. We saw a ton of dolphins on the evening cruise and one came right up next to the boat. I would highly recommend Sunventure I for any of their cruises. Larry and Joe made our day on the water. They are great guys and tons of fun.”
“This was our last adventure during our vacation there and we enjoyed the sunset cruise very much. We were able to see four dolphins and the sunset was beautiful. Grant and the captain (I feel bad for forgetting his name) made it fun and had a great sense of humor adding to the enjoyment. We were glad to be on this boat and not the overly crowded boats so we could still fully enjoy the beauty without the feel of a booze cruise. Thanks for making our trip to Destin, Florida memorable!”
3. Fireworks Adult Cruises – who says fireworks are just for holidays? In Destin, you can enjoy the Fireworks every Thursday night from the Destin Harbor. Life is all about family but if you’re looking for a break, then consider our adults only Fireworks Cruises.
Here’s a July 2016 review: “We have been on several sunset cruises, but, this fourth of July sunset/fireworks was absolutely the BEST!!! Larry and Joe were funny, knowledgeable, and just overall fun. While we didn’t know what to expect it did not disappoint. We will definitely be back aboard and if you are looking for fun-check this out. You won’t be sorry!”
4. Birthdays – Destin cruises are the ultimate way to celebrate any occasion – from birthdays to bachelor / bachelorette parties or family reunions. Our captains can take you to Crab Island, a sunset dolphin cruise or anything else you are interested in. We also have event planners and food catering options.
Here’s a July 2016 review: “The SunVenture captain and crew was amazing. This was my first time to destin and crab island. The trip was for my birthday and it was the best time ever. I can not wait to go back. This is a must for all ages to try at least once. Very kid and adult friendly place to go.”
5. Private cruises– We can arrange for private cruises year-round, any day of the week, any time for any occasion. Boating is all about having fun in the sun and water. So why would you want to worry about fueling up the boat and driving while you watch your friends have fun? The SunVenture offers the best of both worlds…a private boat that our Coast Guard-licensed captains will drive so you can enjoy a worry-free day of fun in the sun.
The SunVenture I is perfect for Destin private cruises and boat rentals for up to 49 guests. The 45-foot Catamaran features a state-of-the-art sound system and the open deck arrangement is great for relaxing in the sun or dancing under the stars.
““Our sunset cruise on the Sunventure was a wonderful time. The boat is painted in such awesome underwater scenes and the crew was so nice. Definitely doing this again when we come back into town!”
View our daily Destin cruises schedule for Crab Island, Destin Harbor Fireworks and Sunset Dolphin Cruise times. See ya on the water.
Ask any local and they will tell you that the one of the top things to do in Destin Florida for 4th of July is Crab Island. This underwater sandbar is a water-lovers paradise and is only accessible by boat. The SunVenture offers one of the only Crab Island cruises, cruising twice daily for a worry free day of fun in the sun.
SunQuest Cruises is hosting the best celebrations for 4th of July in Destin Florida on the water – the best place to watch fireworks in Destin is on a boat of course! Offering the ultimate day and night experiences on the water, SunQuest Cruises offers everything from Crab Island excursions to Destin fireworks and dinner cruises.
In addition to daily sunset dolphin cruises in Destin, the 45 foot, sporty, water lover’s SunVenture catamaran cruises the legendary Crab Island twice a day at 10am and 2 pm. 4th of July weekend in Destin there are special holiday Crab Island cruises on Saturday, Sunday and Mondayat 9 am and 2 pm as well as a special Fireworks Destin Harbor Adult Cruise at 7:30 pm.
With picturesque views of the Destin bridge, Crab Island offers everything from live music and water slides to floating food vendors, paddle boarding and relaxing in the water. Crab Island is only accessible by boat. Let our captains take you to our 4th of July Crab Island Excursion at 11 am this Saturday.
Family is what life is all about but sometimes it’s nice to spoil the adults. That’s why the SunVenture is offering adults only cruises every Thursday night and Monday, July 4th at 7:30 p.m. for an incredible fireworks show on the water. Venture aboard the SunVenture for a 1.5 hour narrated cruise that explores the beautiful Destin Harbor and ends with a BANG! Experience a magical night as the sky above you illuminates with a spectacular Destin fireworks show.
View the daily cruise schedule here or call 850.424.6465.
For an amazing night of dining on the water, consider our sister boat, the 125 foot SOLARIS yacht in Sandestin. The SOLARIS is hosting its annual 4th of July Fireworks, Dancing and Dinner Cruise in Destin on Monday, July 4th from 6 to 9:30 pm. Docked at Sandestin’s Baytowne Marina, the 125 foot yacht will cruise into the sunset while you enjoy a cocktail and fresh coastal breezes from the sky deck. Then indulge in chef-prepared coastal cuisines featuring everything from Beef Filet Mignon and Fresh Rosemary Chicken to seared Gulf Fish, Southern Crab Cakes and Gulf Shrimp & Grits. Dance to live music and end the night with the best seat in the house as the sky above you illuminates with colorful fireworks.
The SOLARIS also hosts Fireworks and Dinner cruises every Tuesday and Thursday from 7 – 10 p.m.Embark on the luxurious 125 yacht SOLARIS yacht for an unforgettable Fireworks and Dinner Cruise. Reservations required online or call 850.650.2519.
See ya on the water!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year in Destin Fla – Crab Island Days are here! If you are planning a beach vacation to Destin Florida or wondering what the top things to do in Destin are, look no further than Crab Island. This majestic underwater sandbar is a water-lovers paradise and is only accessible by boat.
The 45 ft SunVenture is one of the only Crab Island cruises available in Destin Florida. Forget the hassle of renting a boat to Crab Island – let our Coast-Guard licensed captains take you for a worry-free day on the water. Our entertaining captains will give you a narrated tour of the Destin Harbor as you enter the pass and go under the iconic Destin Bridge. Then we drop anchor into the waist-deep, emerald green waters as you enjoy fun in the sun. The boat and captains stay the entire time and there’s a restroom on board as well as snacks and drinks available for purchase.
The sky’s the limit on what you can do at Crab Island. You’ll find a little bit of everything at Crab Island from floating bars, restaurants and platforms with live bands to people kayaking, snorkeling, paddle boarding or just relaxing on a float.
Crab Island cruises occur twice a day at 10am and 2 pm as well as special holiday 4th of July Cruises and private cruises. View our daily Crab Island cruise schedule and book online here.
See ya at Crab Island!
Dolphin Cruises and Crab Island Cruises in Destin for Memorial Day Weekend
There’s no other way to celebrate Memorial Day weekend in Destin Florida than on the water at the legendary Crab Island and on sunset dolphin cruises. The 45-foot SunVenture is cruising daily from the Destin Harbor for daily chartered cruises to Crab Island as well as sunset Dolphin Cruises.
If you aren’t familiar with Crab Island in Destin Florida, you are missing out on one of the most amazing and authentic Emerald Coast experiences around. Crab Island is a shallow sand bar located just north of the iconic Destin Bridge. If you happen to cross the Destin
Bridge over the spring and summer, you’re sure to see a majestic view of boats anchored on the sandbar and people relaxing and playing in the waist-deep, emerald green waters.
Crab Island was actually an island before the ocean currents washed part of it away. Now it’s a floating playground that has become a nationally-recognized destination attraction.
Crab Island is a summer tradition for locals and visitors alike as the ultimate way to celebrate fun in the sun and on the water but you can only get out there on a boat. It’s easy to have too much fun in the sun which makes the SunVenture the best way to get out to Crab Island.
Our Coast-guard licensed captains will take you out to Crab Island from our convenient new location at the Destin Harbor and drop anchor for 3 hours. We’ll drop the ladder and you can jump into the waist-deep waters. You’ll find a little bit of everything at Crab Island from floating bars and restaurants to people kayaking, snorkeling, paddle boarding or just relaxing on a float.
If you’re trying to find things to do in Destin Florida beyond the beach, get ON the water and venture aboard the SunVenture I for a Destin dolphin cruise experience like no other. The Guy Harvey-inspired Catamaran keeps you within arms reach of the crystal clear waters and the closest seat in the house to see the dolphins up close while sailing into the picturesque sunset.
The SunVenture’s 1.5- hour narrated sunset and dolphin cruise explores the beautiful Harbor and Gulf of Mexico as you revel in the Crown Jewel of Destin Florida. Destin dolphin cruises are narrated by our entertaining Coast-Guard licensed captain through the Destin Harbor as you cruise the emerald green waters to the Destin bridge and into the sunset. Kids can captain the boat and the open air catamaran offers the most up close and personal view of the water and dolphins. All seats offer the best views in this relaxing, personal setting.
Check our daily Destin cruise schedule for Crab Island and sunset dolphin cruises and book online today. Crab Island cruise times vary from mid-morning to mid-day and sunset dolphin cruises are at 6:30 pm daily.