Things to Do Labor Day Weekend Destin Fl
It’s the unofficial last weekend of the summer – Labor Day. You work hard so you deserve to play hard. And the best way to celebrate Labor Day in Destin Fl is on the water.
Let our captains take you on a water adventure on the 45-foot sporty SunVenture catamaran. The SunVenture is a less expensive option than renting a pontoon boat and less stressful than taking your own boat out. Let our captains do all the driving and cleaning while you sit back, relax and cruise.
Here are the top ways to enjoy Labor Day on the SunVenture:
- The One and Only Crab Island: Crab Island is the center of excitement for Labor Day weekend as everyone anchors their boats for one of the last weekend celebrations at this underwater playground. We’re cruising twice a day to Crab Island – BYOB, restroom on board and our captains / boat stay with you the entire time. Seriously the best way to do Crab Island! And don’t miss the last live Crab Island concert of the summer, sponsored by CrabIslandOnline.com, featuring Paris Avenue playing live.
- Sunset Destin Harbor and Fireworks Cruise: What’s Labor Day weekend without some fireworks? Venture aboard for our last Fireworks Cruise of the summer on Sunday, September 2nd at 7:30 pm. Cruise the Destin Harbor, watch the sun set over the Destin bridge and perhaps catch a dolphin or two. Then watch the sky above you illuminate with colorful fireworks – a perfect ending to the night.
- Dolphin Sunset Cruise: There’s no better way to end your day than on a chartered boat cruising into the sunset and an up close encounter with dolphins. The SunVenture takes daily dolphin sunset cruises at 6 pm. and offers one of the most up close and personal experiences with the dolphins.
Make it a Labor Day weekend to remember – we hope to see you on the SunVenture this weekend! You can easily make a reservation online for any of our cruises.
Wondering about things to do in Destin Florida for the 4th of July? Well the secret is out that the top spot is Crab Island, an underwater sandbar where locals and guests drop anchor with their boats for an unforgettable day in the sun. Only accessible by boat, Crab Island offers hours of fun in the crystal clear, waist deep waters – whether you want to relax on a float or listen to live music and jump on inflatables, it’s a playground of fun for everyone.
Instead of dealing with the hassle of captaining your boat, let us take you to Crab Island. Our Crab Island cruises are soaring in popularity, as one of the top things to do in Destin Florida. But you don’t have to take our word for it. Check out our 5 star reviews on Facebook or our Yelp Reviews, that earned us the People Loves Us on Yelp Award for 2017.
This summer, CrabIslandOnline.com is sponsoring a summer full of live concerts on a floating stage – how cool is that? This 4th of July in Destin you can enjoy these concerts:
Saturday, July 1st from 10am-1pm or 2pm – 5 pm, Book Now: Crab Island Cruise with Jump School Live Concert, sponsored by CrabIslandonline.com
Sunday, July 2nd from 12 – 3 pm, Book Now: Crab Island Cruise with Heritage Live Concert, sponsored by CrabIslandonline.com
Tuesday, July 4th from 2 – 5 pm, Book Now: Crab Island Cruise with Colt Wilbur Band Live Concert, sponsored by CrabIslandonline.com
Let us take you to the only place to be this 4th of July – we’re cruising twice daily to Crab Island, including special 4th of July times. Also, check out our daily sunset dolphin cruises and Harbor Fireworks Cruises.
What a great way to kick off summer with an award based on our guests’ reviews. There’s nothing more coveted than an award earned directly due to the reviews your guests have taken the time to leave. SunVenture Cruises is the proud recipient of the 2017 People Love Us on Yelp award – based on the numerous 5 star reviews left by our guests.
Here is what our guests had to say:
Brittany, Magnolia TX: “Great time with Larry and Mark. Entertaining and nice people. Great time and worth the money to get to crab island. Short ride over so it was great.”
Marco, Magnolia TX: “Went out with Grant and Larry to Crab Island in Destin. The guys were great and took us straight to Crab Island and anchored us down right next to the best burger spot in the area. We got to play volleyball there and listen to the DJ at the same burger place – they also have live music at Crab Island. The water was amazing and we got to swim and show the kiddos some hermit crabs that were walking along the ocean floor. Words of advice for others, bring your own drinks; alcohol, sodas, waters, etc. Bring your own floats, etc or you can rent from the guys or rent jet skis from near by vendors. You can also bring your own food as well if you would like or you can purchase chips and drinks from the boat for $2 a piece or buy a burger or other food from other floating vendors. Tipping the guys is encouraged as they do an awesome job and will hand you whatever you need and be your personal waiters as well as inflate your floats. Thanks again Grant and Larry!!”
Krystalynn, New Orleans: “Had a great time with Grant and Larry. They tell you it takes 25 mins to get to crab island but it only takes 5-10. If you bring floaties they’ll inflate them for you. Also, bring cash to tip and for other rentals the have (jet skis, paddle board, kayak) and food. Bring your own alcohol!”
Kara, Circleville, OH: “We took the 2pm excursion to Crab Island on the Sunventure I. We had a blast! Captain Larry and Joe are the best! They are tons of fun and they provided excellent service. We will definitely book another Destin cruise trip with them next time we come to Destin.”
Ande, Scott Depot, WV: “The guys on the boat were great. They were funny and eager to help you with anything. Bring your own alcohol. It is allowed, and if not the margaritas are $15.00. The guys from the boat will even give you your beer/fill your cup so you don’t have to climb up and down. They were great.
The water at Crab Island was perfectly clear and this was probably our favorite day of our whole vacation. We will definitely do this again when we return to Destin, maybe even more than once.
I definitely recommend this to anyone looking into it. Take a float and you will have a blast.”
Book with us today and experience it for yourself.
From all the rave reviews we’ve received this year, it seems like one of the highlights of Destin beach vacations is a cruise on the SunVenture. With its versatile open air arrangement, the SunVenture offers so many ways to have fun on the water. A great alternative to the larger Destin cruises, the SunVenture offers a more personal, relaxed setting for families and friends.
Here are the top 5 ways to enjoy a SunVenture cruise:
1. Crab Island – We are cruising twice daily to one of the most unique water experiences. Ranging in depths from 2 to 10 feet, the underwater sandbar known as Crab Island is the place where everyone anchors their boats and spends a day in the waist-deep emerald green waters. With picturesque views of the Destin bridge, Crab Island offers everything from live music and water slides to floating food vendors, paddle boarding and relaxing in the water.
Pack a cooler and jump aboard as our Coast-Guard licensed captains take you for a narrated tour of the harbor and drop anchor at Crab Island. The boat stays with you the entire time, offers a restroom on-board and is much cheaper and convenient then renting your own boat.
Here’s a June 2016 review: “”Crab Island was absolutely beautiful and there was so much to do! The boat was great and the crew was very friendly and very funny. They kept you entertained! Once you arrive, you get off the boat and just walk or swim around. The waters are waist deep and you can walk around to different activities such as jet skis, paddleboards, kayaks, banana boats, etc. There are different restaurants to eat from and also a big inflatable playground. It was so much fun for myself and the children. Thanks Sunventure 1!!!”
2. Sunset Dolphin Cruises – It doesn’t get much better than cruising into the sunset as dolphins are frolicking from the emerald green waters of Destin Florida. We’re cruising every evening at 6:30 pm with our Captains Larry and Joe whose goal is to keep you laughing and entertained throughout the cruise.
Here’s a July 2016 review: “We joined Captain Larry and Joe out for the 10am Crab Island cruise. The guys were so much fun and Crab Island was a blast. We enjoyed the trip so much that we decided to book the 2pm cruise and the dolphin sunset cruise for the same day. We saw a ton of dolphins on the evening cruise and one came right up next to the boat. I would highly recommend Sunventure I for any of their cruises. Larry and Joe made our day on the water. They are great guys and tons of fun.”
“This was our last adventure during our vacation there and we enjoyed the sunset cruise very much. We were able to see four dolphins and the sunset was beautiful. Grant and the captain (I feel bad for forgetting his name) made it fun and had a great sense of humor adding to the enjoyment. We were glad to be on this boat and not the overly crowded boats so we could still fully enjoy the beauty without the feel of a booze cruise. Thanks for making our trip to Destin, Florida memorable!”
3. Fireworks Adult Cruises – who says fireworks are just for holidays? In Destin, you can enjoy the Fireworks every Thursday night from the Destin Harbor. Life is all about family but if you’re looking for a break, then consider our adults only Fireworks Cruises.
Here’s a July 2016 review: “We have been on several sunset cruises, but, this fourth of July sunset/fireworks was absolutely the BEST!!! Larry and Joe were funny, knowledgeable, and just overall fun. While we didn’t know what to expect it did not disappoint. We will definitely be back aboard and if you are looking for fun-check this out. You won’t be sorry!”
4. Birthdays – Destin cruises are the ultimate way to celebrate any occasion – from birthdays to bachelor / bachelorette parties or family reunions. Our captains can take you to Crab Island, a sunset dolphin cruise or anything else you are interested in. We also have event planners and food catering options.
Here’s a July 2016 review: “The SunVenture captain and crew was amazing. This was my first time to destin and crab island. The trip was for my birthday and it was the best time ever. I can not wait to go back. This is a must for all ages to try at least once. Very kid and adult friendly place to go.”
5. Private cruises– We can arrange for private cruises year-round, any day of the week, any time for any occasion. Boating is all about having fun in the sun and water. So why would you want to worry about fueling up the boat and driving while you watch your friends have fun? The SunVenture offers the best of both worlds…a private boat that our Coast Guard-licensed captains will drive so you can enjoy a worry-free day of fun in the sun.
The SunVenture I is perfect for Destin private cruises and boat rentals for up to 49 guests. The 45-foot Catamaran features a state-of-the-art sound system and the open deck arrangement is great for relaxing in the sun or dancing under the stars.
““Our sunset cruise on the Sunventure was a wonderful time. The boat is painted in such awesome underwater scenes and the crew was so nice. Definitely doing this again when we come back into town!”
View our daily Destin cruises schedule for Crab Island, Destin Harbor Fireworks and Sunset Dolphin Cruise times. See ya on the water.
This week, Florida Travel + Life Magazine named Destin as one of the three best places to get on the water in the Florida. In addition to the famed deep-see fishing, the pristine, emerald green waters offer an array of recreational activities from sandbar parties at Crab Island to dolphin and sunset cruises.
Getting on the water has never been easier or more fun than with the SunVenture. The SunVenture cruises daily for dolphin / sunset cruises, Crab Island excursions, Harbor Fireworks Cruises and private charters.
“The Harbor is the crown jewel of Destin and this new location offers our guests convenient access to all our emerald green waters have to offer,” stated James Murray, General Manager for SunQuest Cruises. “From picturesque views of the sunset descending over the Destin bridge to a quick and safe trip to Crab Island, the SunVenture is minutes away from every type of adventure on the water.”
Upon embarking on the SunVenture I, guests will be immersed in custom Guy-Harvey ocean-inspired artwork throughout the boat, indicative of the scenes they will experience on the water. Coast-guard licensed captains give patrons a narrated cruise through the harbor before heading out to the open waters.
The close proximity to the water and open-air sky deck offers SunVenture guests the closest views of the dolphins on an hour and half narrated and educational cruise. The flexible cruise schedule offers dolphin cruises mid-morning as well as during the beautiful sunset hours.
The most popular cruise option is SunVenture’s Crab Island excursions. Located at the Destin Bridge, Crab Island is a shallow sand bar where locals and visitors alike anchor their boats to play and relax in the pristine emerald green waters. SunVenture’s Coast-guard licensed captains charter the three and a half hour cruise so guests can enjoy a worry-free day on the water.
Every Thursday, the SunVenture sets out for a magical evening on its Harbor Fireworks cruise. This one hour cruise explores the Destin Harbor and offers guests the best seat in the house for fireworks as the sky above them illuminates with bright colors.
SunVenture’s private cruises in Destin offer the boat and the captain for any group up to 49 people. The catamaran features a state-of-the-art sound system, open deck, event planners and catering options. Many groups have taken their celebrations to the water for a memorable experience, including brunches, bachelor / bachelorette parties, birthdays and weddings.
We’re up for any water ad’venture’ you’re up for…..view our schedule of daily Destin cruises here.